HÔTEL-MUSÉE PREMIÈRES NATIONS | COVID-19
We are happy to re-open our circle to welcome you safely to the HÔTEL-MUSÉE PREMIÈRES NATIONS ! Our traditional colours shaded by a modernity inherited from centuries of exchange and cultural mixing will once again be presented safely to you, because we have ensured that the measures implemented by public safety authorities have become a priority for our teams to let you experience or re-experience the natural environment of Wendake.
Among others, here are some of the measures taken to ensure that we maintain a high standard of sanitation for our customers and employees:
- A questionnaire is completed by each employee, customer, and supplier before entering the hotel;
- Clear instructions on respect for distancing and hygiene measures are positioned throughout the site;
- Floor stickers have been added so that everyone remembers the importance of the 2-metre distancing;
- Disinfectant solution dispensers are present in strategic locations;
- To prevent contact as much as possible, one-way directions for traffic on the room floors and in the restaurant have been installed;
- Traffic control has been implemented in the elevators;
- The public washrooms have been locked. The keys are available either at the hotel reception or the reception desk at La Traite Restaurant. A disinfection is carried out after each use;
- Sanitation clerks make sure to regularly clean public spaces, furniture, elevator buttons, switches, handrails, credit card readers, etc.;
- Card payments are preferred;
- All our employees wear masks or face shields; and
- All our employees are trained and must apply strict hygiene and sanitization procedures.
- Plexiglas has been installed at each reception station (reception, concierge);
- Most of the registration process will be done prior to your arrival to prevent lineups at reception as much as possible;
- Reservations are required to participate in our various cultural activities; and
- Our free stay cancellation policy has changed from 48 hours to 24 hours before arrival.
- The capacity of La Traite Restaurant has been reduced by half;
- The 2-metre distance is respected between guest tables both in the dining room and on our patio;
- Reservations are required for all meals to prevent lineups;
- Our menus are accessible on your smartphones with a QR code for a safe and complete experience;
- Employees wear face shields and masks; and
- Gloves are used while cooking and serving when necessary.
- The number of rooms available to rent has been reduced;
- To secure your new living space, we rigorously follow the new protocols and measures required by public health authorities by having a trained team disinfect the 15 contact areas;
- A seal affixed to your door confirms that your room is ready and disinfected for your safety;
- Some unnecessary items have been removed from your room, such as additional blankets and pillows, some bath products, magazines, and stationery. We will be pleased to put them back for you if necessary through reception;
- For stays longer than one night, no housekeeping will be done in your room. However, if you need items such as towels, tissues, etc., our team will be pleased to provide you with the necessary items; and
- Employees wear single-use gloves for each room that is cleaned.
- Reservations for the use of the indoor pool must be made via the hotel reception. A single group is admitted at a time. The time allotted for your swim is 45 minutes per day. A disinfection is done by our sanitation team after each use. The pool is accessible from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. every day.
- The gym space remains temporarily closed.
- All activities are hosted and supervised with the required distancing.
- Regular, targeted disinfections are done by our sanitation teams.
- Thank you for wearing a mask during indoor activities (such as making traditional necklaces).
If you would like to learn more about the measures that we have taken, we invite you to discuss them with our receptionist by dialing 0.